Saturday, November 5, 2011

12.5 Weeks


It's Saturday 11/05/11 and I'm 12.5 weeks pregnant.  MANY more weeks to go.  I finally popped out the past few weeks and I can definitely see why people wait no longer than 12 weeks to let others knows.  You just flat out can't hide it anymore.  I've decided that I'm going to post a funny Katieism every blog.  I make myself laugh ALL the time.  But before doing that I'm going to tell you about my weekend.  Andy and I are breaking down his fish tank as we just won't have room for it with the baby on the way.  This is the ONE thing I have been dreading because it's HUGE.  Not only that but I mess up my back when I lift anything heavy so my ability to help a whole lot is limited beyond driving a vehicle.  As we speak, there are some people here buying some of the live rock so that will be SO nice to have a little less to have to bring back to the store!  So, that's our monumental task for the weekend (NOT including the basement). 

Pause for Katieism: I went to the chiropractor on Friday.  There's an intern there who is 6 months pregnant.  I thought.. OH FUN!  wrong. They give you a mini massage beforehand and she's saying how beautiful her hair has been and her skin and how she never got sick and hasn't gained that much weight and eats all organic and blah blah blah.  Have you seen the scene from Bridesmaids when Kristen Wiig is driving home and she's making fun of Ellen, her friends beautiful friend who seems to be taking her place as Maid of Honor?  Well THAT was me driving home.  Picture a bloated, relaxed, zitty pregnant girl waving her head around saying "OH I'M THE MOST BEAUTIFUL PREGNANT PRINCESS IN THE WORLD (mocking her of course)"  I was so into it I don't even know if anyone was watching and I'm sure they were. 
End of Pause..

So, other than my energy slowly coming back to me and my stomach popping out and the bevy of chores that we are doing, I would say all is going well.  We got to hear the heart beat for the 3rd time on Wednesday!  And below is a picture of the little gummy bear at 8 weeks!

2 comments:

  1. AW, look at the bump! Geez, that girl sounds so obnoxious. Ugh! Oh well, she probably has SUPER bad preggo gas. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! There's always some weird side effect that people either don't talk about or convince themselves that they don't have! :)

    ReplyDelete