Sunday, November 27, 2011

Belly Laughs

I'm dedicating this blog to all of the really funny things that have been happening to me. Ok fine, some of them haven't been very funny but God put me on this earth to find humor in everything! (If I ever doubted it, I went to my podcast of Joel Osteen and it went immediately to The Healing Power of Laughter.... told you so)

Where's the Parking???
Before I became pregnant, I always noticed the "Expectant Mother's Parking." Have you seen those? Those are the ones you always try to park in at the mall because they don't have a "handicap" symbol on the cement yet when you think you've victoriously found a close spot where you KNOW you can get in the mall without getting robbed or mugged and you look up and there's a little stork with a sign that says "Expectant Mother's Parking."See image below:
Well, these little parking miracles are suddenly no where to be found.  I'm sure this is God's way of saying "get off your ass and walk... lazy" (as I grab for my coffee loaded with creamer). I haven't seen these and I've even gone looking for them.  Sad that I actually admitted that, but I have.  Have YOU ever parked at the Mall of America??? It SUCKS!  OK, I'm VERY aware that I'm 15.5 weeks pregnant, barely showing and definitely capable of walking even running anywhere I need to go.  My justification: my nose runs all the time.. shouldn't I get SOME benefit!  Yes I should and it's called: PREGNANCY SAFE MEDICATION dumbass.  I'm sure if I even tried to park in one of those coveted spots, I'd get screamed at by someone who is visibly pregnant.  I should probably be thankful that I haven't done that to myself yet.

I can't breathe....
This doesn't sound funny but to me, it is.  If you saw my trash cans (FILLED with tissue) you'd probably laugh or say "can't you fix yourself" or feel bad for me.  The dog is in heaven.  Imagine if the best part of your day was getting in the trash....  You'd be in total dog heaven too.  Well, can you believe that I have found humor in it???  Some people at "work," who shall not be named, cannot stand my nose blowing.  I can tell because whenever I do it, they clear their throat.  Well, if someone blowing their nose is an irritant to you...  boy I hope they don't have any real problems!! haha!!  So, I secretly chuckle to myself and thank God I don't get so irritated by silly things or people in general.  By the way, if you are in Edina and need some allergy medication that's pregnancy safe....  I think my house now qualifies to be a pharmacy!

What should/can I wear???
One of the best laughs I've had is trying on "future" large stomach clothing.  It almost looks like your anticipating a bear belly.  I spent about 30 extra minutes trying on clothes I KNEW wouldn't fit in the store.  That or some shirts look like a big nap sack!  Try putting on both!  I'm at this goofy stage where I just started showing and my middle is getting thicker.  Sometimes I'll put things on "BB" (before baby) that I think I can still wear.  Boy do I get a rude awakening!  I can't even be mad or sad!  My pajamas are starting to get tight too!  It's just funny.  Maybe sometime I'll show you...

Sometimes you do get what you wish for!
For MONTHS I've been praying for a little boost in body temperature.  Well, yesterday, my prayers were answered!  I put on the normal amount of clothing I usually do, went out shopping with Andy and almost asked for an ice cream cone.  Our last stop was the fish store.  If you've ever been to A World of Fish, it's VERY hot in the store.  I walked in and just started stripping down to a t-shirt. Luckily, no one was around to see.  We were in sears and there were so many people I couldn't bring myself to take even my jacket off but I unzipped everything!  I even came home and noticed I didn't need a long sleeve T AND a sweatshirt.  However this DOES make the clothing issues a tad more difficult...  Andy's still adjusting too.  He always turns the heat up high and I'm how turning it down.  He's probably in HUSBAND heaven!

I have  BUSY week ahead so probably won't be blogging again for a week or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment