Friday, February 4, 2011

Safe to say....

Well, I think that it's safe to say that I didn't get the Fish and Wildlife job. I think I would have known by now. That's a little disheartening. I would however like to speak about "getting boxed in." I feel like many people, including myself, feel boxed in a career. You feel as though you've invested a fairly decent amount of time, energy on learning the tasks required of you, and time off! To make a very long story short, it's REALLY hard to make career changes. I'm not throwing myself a pitty party. I'm just stating the facts. It's hard to leave anything in life that you have any investment in. It makes me wonder if God pre-wired us this way to force us to THINK before we act. Think about what it would be like if making a change in any aspect of life wasn't difficult... If making changes were so easy, then we probably wouldn't learn anything at all. I'm OK with that. You need the hesitation in order for time to reflect, weigh odds and LEARN. I AM learning how to pinch pennies though! I am taking TIME to think and ask questions before I make purchasing decisions. Even if the job thing isn't happening the way I'd like it to, I'm learning SOMETHING in this life!

No comments:

Post a Comment